Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.Abraham Lincoln
This post is noob oriented covering the tips required for beginner level application tester and ethical hackers. I consider viewers have basic knowledge of computer applications.
Cybersecurity is a field in computer technology and quoting to Moore’s observation, Every year technology has some new updates and prices of old technology drops to almost half. Therefore, every year it takes more courage to test & discover new bugs in applications. Many hackers build their own tools for saving time and efforts. People usually use these automated tools to exploit data from victims.
For understanding concepts in Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security, One needs to have clear knowledge of terms & understand its actual meaning. Tutorials are available in YouTube for hacking phones, websites, computers and other technology gadgets.
This is our sincere request to kindly avoid YouTube tutorials from so called Fake Hackers to illegally hack people and exploit their personal data. These videos many a times lead to ChildCrime and online abuse to innocent victims ruining their social image.
Basic terminologies are mentioned below :-
- Server : Server is same as a personal computer just designed to work 24×7 in a robust condition and regularly backup data for further safety. Servers are always connected to a computer network and is used to centralise the data processing & transferring in the network.
- Port : Ports are classified into two i.e, physical ports and virtual ports. Computer Hardware where cables are connected is called as a physical port, while virtual port are available only when a server or computer is connected to Internet.
- Protocol : Network Protocol is a set of rules designed for computer devices to work when connected to Internet. It tell how one computer communicates and transfers data to another computer using Requests and Responses.
- URL : URL is a short form for Uniform Resource Locater. It shows the absolute path of any specific file such as an Image, Video or Text file in the Internet.
- API : API is a short form for Application Program Interface. This is an extended version of URL where we can pass program parameters to a specific file by sending API Requests from client & also read the output by retrieving API Responses from server.
- Payload : Payload is a term used for files or parameters that exploits the targeted system.
We will discuss more about this terms in future articles, so Stay tuned to Hackshade Blog 🙂